Friday, July 22, 2011

The Bread Machine Bible: More Than 100 Recipes for Delicious Home Baking with Your Bread Machine Review

The Bread Machine Bible: More Than 100 Recipes for Delicious Home Baking with Your Bread Machine
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I'm not at all satisfied with this book. It contains only a handful of white and wheat bake-in-the-machine recipes, which are what I was looking for a variety of. The majority of the recipes require hand-shaping and baking in a conventional oven. Why would I have bought a bread machine if I wanted to do that? Here's a breakdown of the book's chapters:
1. "Basic & Everyday Breads" - only 16 of the 34 recipes are baked in the machine. Less than half! I have to add that the book is extremely heavy on the herb and cheese breads. I don't like these types of bread at all, and they occupy a significant portion of the book. Only 17 of these 34 so-called basic breads do not call for herbs and/or cheese.
2. "Basic & Everyday Rolls" - all baked out of machine
3. "Flat Breads" - all baked out of machine
4. "Quick Breads" - baked in the machine but mixed by hand (again something I, as a bread machine user, would not want to do)
5. "Specialty and Festive Breads" - all but one are hand-shaped and baked in conventional oven
6. "Loaf Cakes and Baked Goods" - none of these are machine-only
7. "Gluten Free Breads" - all mixed outside of the machine
For the sake of fairness, the Basic White Bread recipe (first in book) is the best bread machine recipe I've made in the past couple years, and the book contains a few more recipes I know I'll try, but it is SOOOO far from being a comprehensive bread machine user's book. With only partial reliance on the machine for most of the recipes, this would've been better as a breadmaker's book, without the "machine" in the title. And even then, it's no bible. For that, I'd recommend Beth Hensperger's "The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook".


Click Here to see more reviews about: The Bread Machine Bible: More Than 100 Recipes for Delicious Home Baking with Your Bread Machine

Aimed at everyone from complete novices to connoisseurs, this definitive collection of wholesome and delicious breads will tempt every palate. The Bread Machine Bible features recipes from around the world, from French baguettes and Italian rustic loaves to Middle Eastern flatbreads, from granary breads with nuts and seeds to flavorful varieties with tomatoes and herbs. Featuring sumptuous illustrations throughout, and easy-to-follow instructions, this mouthwatering cookbook will revolutionize your baking.

Buy NowGet 22% OFF

Click here for more information about The Bread Machine Bible: More Than 100 Recipes for Delicious Home Baking with Your Bread Machine

0 comments:

Post a Comment